Sunday, March 25, 2012

Well, this blog thing is a learning experience for me. I attempted to write about yesterday's events and lost it. Soooo, I'll try again.   Saturday, the 24th, was the day to visit the Shell Factory and Nature Park. It sounded a little cheesy, but actually, we enjoyed the visit. Seeing shelves of many different shells from all over the world, various corals, semi-precious stones and fossils along with items for Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving was quite stimulating to see. The nature park was separate from the store and for a small fee one could stroll along the path to see peacocks, parrots, fish, snakes, alligators, camels, etc all up close and personal. I don't think I have ever been sooo close to the alligators as I was there. Of course, they had children's areas too.

 As we traveled back to the hotel, we took a detour to investigate a Gelato shop. We looked inside and felt that we entered a fairytale-like place filled with many kinds of Gelato and dish combinations containing delectible add-ons such as choc. truffles, cookies and chocolate designs. The place was called  Artisan Gelato by Norman Love. He had a wonderful and quite expensive candy shop.  We were told the Easter candy comes out this week. Thank goodness we won't be around there. We had to sample the gelato or more than sample.... My sundae became my lunch and dinner- geez! I will have to find a "Y" somewhere...  Sunday, we go to visit some friends ( a friend from the cancer experience) in Bonita Springs for the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment